Situated in the heart of Regina, Evraz Place is the largest interconnected event complex in Canada and the centre of sport, business and entertainment for the community. The Regina Exhibition Association Limited is the not-for-profit corporation that operates the 100-acre Evraz Place property. The property hosts the majority of Regina's major events, including Canada's Farm Progress Show, Queen City Ex and Canadian Western Agribition. Evraz Place is home to the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Regina Pats, Regina Soccer Association, many minor and recreational sports, and numerous concerts, trade shows and conventions.
Delivering world-class hospitality for trade, agri-business, sporting, entertainment and cultural events that bring innovation, enrichment and prosperity to Saskatchewan.
Enriching the quality of life for people in the community through the hosting and delivery of local, regional, national and international events.
We create memorable guest experiences.
We collaborate as one team.
We practice honesty and respect in everything we do.
We ensure a safe and healthy environment.
City of Regina
The City of Regina owns the land and buildings at Evraz Place. The Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) acts as steward of all assets on the 100-acre property. Since 2014, the REAL has operated as a not-for-profit municipal corporation with oversight from a volunteer Board of Directors appointed by the City of Regina. This governance structure ensures accountability and transparency, especially in a period of major investment to upgrade Evraz Place. All profits from operations are reinvested into the property so the community can continue to enjoy the facilities for years to come.
Learn more about the organization’s governance structure.
Take a look back at the incredible history of Evraz Place operated by The Regina Exhibition Association Limited.
The organization was established in 1884 as the Assiniboia Agricultural Association. The organization's first fall fair brought together 150 community-minded individuals to exchange goods, information and experiences. The two-day event was held near today's Victoria Park and came just two years before the coming of the railway.
The fair remained local in nature until 1895, when the Dominion Government sponsored the Territorial Exhibition to stimulate interest in the Northwest Territories. The fair's location moved to its present Evraz Place site that year to accommodate exhibits and visitors.
The next fair was not held until 1899 under the new Regina Agricultural Association, and it became an annual event. In 1905, the fair was the centre of attention for the entire nation during celebrations surrounding the inauguration of the Province of Saskatchewan into Confederation. In 1907, the Saskatchewan Legislature formally passed the Associations Act of Incorporation, which meant the event could be expanded to exhibitors of various products and animals, and to provide entertainment and amusement.
The next 40 years saw the growth and construction of permanent facilities and ever-expanding volunteer participation. Midway rides and sideshows were added in the 1920s, as well as automobile racing, professional baseball and giant horse-pulling competitions.
The biggest event was the two-week World’s Grain Exhibition and Conference in 1933, which showcased exhibits from more than 40 countries. The Grain Show Building opened that year as the centrepiece of the show, which drew 200,000 visitors.
The 1950s were a decade of development in which Exhibition Auditorium, Jubilee Building and paving of the midway were completed. In 1955, the exhibition's theme was celebration of the province's Golden Jubilee. Fair attendance exceeded 200,000 for the first time.
That same year, two-thirds of the Grain Show Building burned to the ground in a raging fire, leaving only the east wing standing.
With the 1960s came the adoption of the Buffalo Days theme. During the 1970s, the first annual Canadian Western Agribition was held (1971), as well as the Silver Broom (1973). The Agridome opened in 1977 and the Western Canada Farm Progress Show (now Canada's Farm Progress Show) was launched in 1978. In 1978 and 1982, the Buffalo Days Exhibition was named "Major Fair of the Year" by the Canadian Association of Exhibitions.
On Sunday, June 14, 2009, the last remaining wing of the historic Grain Show Building was destroyed in a fire.